Whether you want to open an account, apply for a finance, or get a credit card for your day-to-day purchases, we have all what you need...
Qatar offers a world of investment opportunities for local and international companies, whether it's a small, medium or large business, QIB offers a range of Shari'a compliant solutions to help you grow your business...
As a valuable QIB customer, you deserve to be served with excellence. That's why we launched Tamayuz, our priority banking solution. The exclusive and distinguished benefits of Tamayuz are designed to provide you...
Ladies have multiple roles and responsibilities leading to diverse financial needs. QIB Ladies Banking empowers women like you with the tools to achieve your financial goals, realise your professional aspirations and unique lifestyle. QIB’s Ladies Banking propostion is our answer to the increasingly active and important role that women in Qatar are fulfilling. We provide our ladies clients with a wide and tailor-made range of world class banking products and services in a unique environment of total privacy and comfort. Our highly qualified and well-trained female staff will be pleased to assist you with all your banking needs.
For some, it's easy to measure success: It's all about what you have. For us, it's more complicated than that. It's about what you do with what you have. It's about making a difference. It's about the whole picture.
QIB-UK, a wholly owned subsidiary of Qatar Islamic Bank Group, was fully authorized as an Islamic Bank by the UK Financial Services Authority in January 2008.
Qatar Islamic Bank (QIB), Qatar’s leading Islamic Bank, announces that, the Capital Intelligence Ratings (CI Ratings), the international credit rating agency, has affirmed QIB’s Financial Strength Rating (FSR) at ‘A’ with a ‘Stable Outlook’.The Bank’s Long-Term FCR is raised to ‘A+’ while the Short-Term FCR is affirmed at ‘A2’ on a ‘Stable Outlook’. These indications reflect the QIB’s strong financial profile, the robust growth potential of the Qatari economy and the on-going government support for all Qatari banks.
“We are very pleased with the upgrade of our long term foreign currency rating and the affirmation of our FSR rating by CI. They are solid confirmations asserting the Bank’s enhanced asset quality and robust capital position.” said Bassel Gamal, Group Chief Executive Officer of QIB. “The ratings affirm the Bank’s success in pursuing our long-term growth and performance objectives and speak to the strength of Qatar’s economy and of the Islamic banking industry.”
QIB’s 2016 financial results showed a net profit of QAR 2,155 Million for the fiscal year compared to QAR 1,954 Million for the year 2015, thus marking an increase by 10.3% over last year. Total Assets of the Bank have increased by 10% compared to 2015 and now stand at QAR 139.8 Billion driven by a robust growth in the financing activities that have now reached QAR 98.2 Billion having added QAR 10.7 Billion, representing a 12% growth over 2015. Total Income for the year ended 31 December 2016 was QAR 5,488 Million registering 22% growth compared to QAR 4,508 Million for 2015 reflecting a healthy growth in the Bank’s core operating activities.
“QIB continues to consolidate its position in the Qatari Banking sector and record steady, healthy growth across a broad range of key performance indicators,” said Bassel Gamal. “In keeping with the Bank’s long-term growth strategy, QIB is pursuing new means for building its customers’ wealth while adhering to the highest ethical standards.Back to All News Updates